March 17, 2012 - 11:18 am EST
MarketingAlso posted at Tomorrows Home Business Community
5 Final Ways to Qualify Marketing Help
In this final part of my three part series on qualifying marketing help I offer a few more ways to do it. Why so many? Because the difference between hiring marketing help and hiring the right marketing help can make, or break, your business. It is one of the most important, and toughest, decisions any business owner will ever make. And, like a marriage, it is better to do some extra qualifying upfront to avoid being stuck later because you did not.
To recap the list from part one (of this three part series) titled 3 Ways to Qualify Marketing Help:
Now, for my final few:
7. Awards and Press: This one can be a bit controversial because while awards can be a great litmus test for some, for others, not so much. The argument is that few award shows factor in results as a winning criteria. I can appreciate that argument. Also, if an agency is doing lots of boasting about their awards, it is often a way of overcompensating for weaknesses in other areas. On the other hand, if someone has no awards, that is not good either. So, seek a happy medium.
Press-worthy work is another good litmus test because great press can be a great, free, added benefit for you. So, find out if they have gotten any. If they have, are we talking the local Penny Saver, or The New York Times?
8. Are they a respected industry thought leader? The more respected they are in their industry, the better the chance they are truly good at what they do. How can you know? Do they get invited to speak? Do they get interviewed? Have the agency principals been published in the trades? Are they on Wikipedia?
9. Do they make it easy to work together? This is one you might not have considered. The fact is that investing in marketing help is a scary proposition for most business owners, especially first-timers. A smart marketing resource will be aware of that and have an easy way to start the process and test the waters.
10. Are they driven and truly passionate about their business? It is one of the most important, yet most overlooked items on the list. If you are passionate about your business you will want to work with someone equally passionate about theirs. Sometimes you can simply hear it in their voice or see it in their eyes. You can also tell by how they present themselves online. Does it feel inspired, or rudimentary?
11. How well do they market themselves? This one almost seems dumb because you would assume that any marketing firm looking to help you would be awesome at their own marketing. Not true and I have heard all the excuses: Well, I guess I am like the shoemaker with no shoes. Or Hey, I am just way too busy with my clients. Or yada, yada, yada.
Do not buy it. The last thing you want to do is to hire a marketing firm that sucks at marketing themselves.
To conclude I will repeat a last key point that I mentioned in my first post regarding referrals. Referrals are an obvious, logical way to find help and they often work out fine. I do not list getting referrals as a qualifier because everyone already knows that. What they may not know, and what this series addresses, is that a referral is just a starting point.
I could probably add a couple more to this list, but if you follow these 11 guidelines you will be well on your way to finding the right, qualified, marketing help. This is the final installment of this three part series. Check out part two, 3 More Ways to Qualify Marketing Help.
Good luck, and Happy Qualifying.
Marketing can happen for you, if you are motivated. Now, this marketing community that is where you can work and gather as much information that you need to succeed. The community name is Tomorrows Home Business Social Community and is located at this address http://tomorrowshomebusiness.ning.com.
In this marketing community, the business entrepreneur will be able to read blogs and watch videos for business, or just for pleasure. With a few RSS feeds coming to the main page, the entrepreneur can even stay informed of what is happening in marketing and around the world. There is something here in this community for everyone.
Groups like the Maniac Marketers come in and post their blogs in the community, giving valuable information for their Health and Wellness businesses. If you would rather watch videos of the TriVita videos, you can do that, too. Or if you just want to hang out and relax, you can do that, too! There are many music videos like Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, and Seasick Steve! Or if you want to learn about handcrafts or see the equally oldest Ford antique car, a 1903 Model A Ford, you can do that, too! Or maybe you need an inspirational video clip! There are many choices of inspirational clips, such as Al Pacinos locker room speech in Any Given Sunday, or Mel Gibson as William Wallace motivating the Scottish men men before battle in Braveheart; or Sylvester Stalone as Rocky and how he motivates himself in the boxing ring, or even his inspirational conversation with his son, and who can forget those chants for Rudy in the movie Rudy!
When you become a member of Tomorrow's Home Business Social Community, there is a profile created just for you. You can use the standard set-up on your page. Or you can be as creative as you want to be. For an example check out my profile page at Terry Allisons Profile Page. I use my profile page as a dream-building tool. I have always wanted a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. I have learned to keep this dream in front of me.
A marketing community for people wanting to find out more information on how to market their own work at home business.